Tuesday 23 August 2011

SHORT STORY (Sethulekshmi A.S, Social Science, Batch 2010 - 2011)


A GIRL FROM THE MIRROR

That was a beautiful evening. Two executive guys from space visit my home. Their purpose was to introduce a new type of medicine which was produced by and American space center.

They told me that it was a special medicine, and they said, “Madam, you are very lucky person in this universe, because we selected you as our Brand Ambassador on Earth. This medicine would create double action effect. If you are ready to use this medicine, it will make your reflection with 3D effects and you can be present in two places at the same time”.“It will reduce the burden of your daily work. With the help of this medicine you can continue both your studies and work at the same time”.

I thought, “Oh! That is nice, Why shouldn’t I? I will be the first person on the Earth who use this medicine and I will get its Patent right. At last I signed the agreement and they returned. After some time, I went to my bedroom; in front of my mirror I injected that medicine.

           For a while a sudden movement occurred in my reflection. And then she came from the mirror! But she was just like a doll. She astonished me. And I felt very happy.At that time I heard the sound of those two executives. They asked me, “Madam please may I get in?

“Oh yes” I replied. And I asked them why you returned. They answered “madam we are very sorry. We forgot to say and important matter about the medicine. It is full moon today and so she will not obey your commands and she will be a terminator. So you should not inject this medicine today.
The man shouted “Oh what the hell is going on here. If she wakes up into reality first of all she will finish you. I am sure. So we are going.”

“No, don’t go. I think you settle my problem. You are responsible for this. If you are not ready to settle this problem, I will kill you.”At that time, there was a terrible sound. “Oh there is she!” the man shouted “madam we have to hide ourselves”.

“No, come what may, let’s face it together” I said “we have to settle this problem and she has to be killed”. “Yes! That is the only solution. But it is impossible” he said. “Why” “because she is more powerful than you. She has evil powers.

These two guys went to another room for finding new solution to solve this problem. After five minutes they came and said, “Madam, we have found a solution for this problem. She is hundred percent better than you. So she will be our Brand Ambassador”.

I asked “What do you mean?” “Madam you must die instead of her” and they took their gun and shot me down.I screamed “mamma help me! Open the door!” She came “what is going on here? Why are you crying?After a while I realized I recognized that it was a terrible dream and I said “Oh it was a dream”

Sethulekshmi A.S
Social science

No comments:

Post a Comment